I know that many of you have been praying with us that Jamie might be accepted at Berklee College of Music in Boston. He and Dasha spent a couple of weeks on Cape Cod to coincide with his audition date in early August, and we have all been anxiously awaiting the news. Berklee told him in August that he would hear on Septmber 15.
Of course, I am thinking that he might hear earlier. You never know. So I am sure that Jamie was happy to have us out of the country for a week. And when he met us at the airport last night around midnight, he still hadn’t heard. And he reminded me that he would hear on the 15th.
So, now it’s the 15th here. Has been for 11 hours already. I was anticipating a very long day expecting that Berklee would send out the emails during working hours today…late afternoon for us in Ukraine.
Well, lo and behold! At 12:01 EST, Berklee sent the message. And at 7:01 this morning Jamie checked his email and…
drum roll, please…
NOW, we need you to continue praying that scholarship money, work, an affordable flat, tickets to the States, packing, etc. will not be too very stressful for the two of them as they begin to map out this transition. Please also pray for Dasha’s family — especially her parents and grandmother who honestly didn’t know whether to pray for Jamie to get in or for Jamie to be turned down. It’s tough to let a child go so far away! Trust us! My family and friends totally understand this…right, America? And we have certainly sent a precious daughter far far away! (Love you, Anna.)
So, rejoicing for the acceptance. Praying for the transition. Trusting that God has it all figured out!